Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello World

I have too many ways to communicate. This seems a very odd statement considering the fact that I get accused in both my professional life and personal life of not communicating enough. I suppose the two statements can be exclusive… plenty of ways to communicate but just not using them. But that is not the case. It seems I am communicating all the time. I will even receive a message using one medium and answer the person using another. I even have one channel auto-updating other channels. It’s crazy. Oh, and I then get suggestions that I need yet more channels an mediums to communicate because some people I know aren’t on any of the existing ones I use.

So let’s take inventory…
I have a home phone. (voice)
I have a cell phone. (voice)
I have this blog. (text,photo)
I have Picasa. (photo, movies)
I have 5 separate email accounts. (text)
I have a smart phone in which to receive those email’s. (text)
I have SMS on my phone (text)
I have Facebook (text, photo, voice, everything)
I have 3 instant messaging accounts (don’t really use too much) (text)
I have a web site which I need to update. (text, photos)
I have a Twitter account (text)
I have a BrightKite account (text)
I have a voice. (my all time favorite way to communicate, preferably with a beer in my hand).

So the next time someone tells me they were unable to get a hold of me, I will simply respond via 19 different channels.

No comments: