Thursday, November 06, 2008

Glass Houses

I have already placed a few jabs on the President-elect and have already taken some criticism for doing so. I find this interesting. So I have been thinking about how I can react to not only this but to the election as a whole and to the new administration. Given my “protest” vote of not voting for President, a part of me feels as if I should not criticize because I did not offer up an alternate vote. But I have quickly gotten over that. I will not give Mr. Obama a break. I will not give him a chance. I will not sit back and simply see what happens. None of us should, regardless of who you voted for. That does not mean I do not support him, I do. He is our next President. As an American, it is my duty to do so and I take that seriously. But we didn’t just elect a new scout master, we elected the new leader of the free world, a leader that has just 4 years of major political office under his belt. If that does not scare the shit out of you I don’t know what would. He has to be perfect, he cannot make mistakes. He will of course, and I hope they are small and I hope that all of the people that have been so active to criticize the current President will be as active with the new one. I will.

No comments: