Thursday, November 20, 2008

Excuse me sir, my I see some ID and how you voted?

In response to the comment left on the last post. I believe it to be too important to just leave as a comment and thus it is left as a blog entry.

I do not believe it to be partisan either. I believe that if the tables were turned then Colman would also be suing. My point is the hypocrisy by the people that jumped up against the Bush administration on the eavesdropping policy. I want to know where those protectors of freedom and privacy are now.
As for if this is a privacy issue or not, it is unbelievable that anyone could argue otherwise. The right for me to vote without fear of persecution is fundamental in our country. The people that voted absentee had an absolute expectation of privacy. For anyone to infringe upon that is mind boggling.

What is going to happen here is that Franken and his goons are going to go pounding on doors and asking these people how they voted. I wonder, when they find out that some of these folks voted for Colmen, what will that say to them. “Sorry to bother you, we are glad you were disenfranchised.” I’m sure when they find the ones that voted for him they will assign them their own personal attorney to sue to have their vote counted despite the fact that they did not meet the basic legal requirements to vote absentee.

It is one thing to stand out side of a polling place and ask people how they voted. I have been asked that before, presumably a pollster. It is another thing for someone to come knocking or calling, knowing my name, knowing where I live, knowing who I am and then asking me.
What is next, candidates and their representative are going to be allowed to stand behind you at a polling place and ask you how you voted? Are they going to be able to follow you home or to work? This is 100% unbelievable and indefensible. Everyone should be outraged!!!!

2 comments:

crazyBobcat said...

I like the new look & feel.

Anonymous said...

who the hell posts as Anonymous ... lame ... get some balls