Friday, October 03, 2008

Beach House Before and After

As I said earlier, Mom and Bob got down to Bolivar on Sunday. I managed to find a before and after shot from about the same angle. This really brings it home for me. I am saddened greatly. I know it is just material things and a lot of folks tell me it could have been worse, and it could of. I am thankful that no one I knew was seriously hurt or killed, but I can't help morn the loss of this spot of Earth that meant so much to so many of my family and friends and of course to me. It is really hard to put into words.






3 comments:

Klobetime said...

Wow. It is about what I'd imagined, but seeing photographic evidence somehow makes it worse.

MaritaBeth said...

Oh my. I know I've said it before, Terrill, but again, I say, "I'm so sorry."
~MB of The Daily KRuMB

The Great G-Sue said...

:-( This is so sad and will continue to be. This was where I met my 'new' family - all of them! - for the first time. So it has always held a special place in my heart. All of the 'kids' were babies and I've been able to spend such wonderful times with them and watch them grow up. (especially Kelli and Sean!) I will never forget Kyle's first visit and Poppie puting him in the water and splashing around with him. (Terrill, can you find that picture?) It is just so sad.