Monday, October 06, 2008

I'll never ask again

I admit that I have had a few beers and then went looking for love from my wife… I guess I will reconsider from now on.

 

BENTONVILLE, Ark.  —  A 75-year-old woman told police she was "at her wits' end" when she shot her husband to death as he was sleeping.

Myrtle Marie Walter was being held Monday without bond in the Benton County jail on a capital murder charge in the slaying of Paul Walter, 74, at their home in Rogers.

She told police she and her husband had been drinking Friday night and she had four or five beers. She said her husband wanted to have sex but she did not want to, and she could no longer tolerate the mental abuse, according to court records.

She retrieved a loaded gun, returned to the bedroom and shot her husband once, then fired two more times when she saw him move, court documents say. Rogers police arrested her Saturday and recovered a .357-caliber revolver that was on the bed.

Myrtle Walker told police she aimed at her husband's head, but did not know where she shot him because the bedroom light was off, according to court documents. She said her husband was asleep, lying face down. She said she was sorry for shooting him, but relieved he was gone, according to court documents.

 

1 comment:

Klobetime said...

I like how in the title you say "I'll never ask again" but by the time you wrote the body of the post you will simply "reconsider." By the time you are reading this you are probably at a bar telling the story, and then later tonight... :)