Saturday, December 01, 2007

Something new

OK, I’m going to try blogging about the trip and since I like this new email interface so much, I’m going to use it to get this accomplished. So you will see multiple posts instead of one long one. Oh, and I’m doing this because my little TV. screen on my flight home is busted and I can’t watch movies. Arghhh.

The posts I made from my phone should be posted by now so you know how I got there, but you don’t really know the story of my getting home. Ah the trials and tribulations of airline employee travel. I can’t just buy a ticket like a normal person. No I have to fly stand by on any carrier but mine. I have been pretty lucky, but that luck ran out and I couldn’t get on the flight from BRU to FRA so my best option was hopping the Eurostar to London. With the new high speed tracks now on the English side and the new arrival terminal at St. Pancras (pictured) I was there in two hours! Then a short tube ride to Victoria station and then on the Gatwick Express. From the time I made the decision to abandon hope getting to FRA to the time I was at LGW was less than 4 hours. Not too bad.

No comments: