Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's Official

Febuary 19, 2007

Its official, I hate to travel. At lease I hate to travel the way I have been traveling… on business. This hatred has manifested itself over the last couple of months but really took off in the last couple of weeks when I have been traveling at least one day each week. It feels kind of silly writing this right now since I have sitting in first class on my way to Miami, but even getting upgraded doesn’t make the time I spend away from my family worth it. I miss my wife and my son terribly. I know many of you are wondering what kind of nonsense I am speaking and wish you had the opportunity to travel. I did too, but as they say, be careful what you wish for.

I’m sure things will be different once things settle down a bit at work, but I have no idea where that will be. It would also be different if my family could travel with me. In summer that may be possible but since my son is in school and my lovely wife must stay at home with him that will have to wait. But even in summer it might not be worth it because I generally only travel no more than three days at a time and mostly just overnight. So it usually would not be worth the hassle. So for now I will just stare out the window at the puffy white clouds and think of the smiles of my wife and son until I can see them in earnest soon.

No comments: